We are delighted that you are interested in leasing a dwelling in our apartment community. In order to help you in making your decision, we have listed below the criteria for qualifying as a resident with us. Please note that this is the current rental criteria for this community. Nothing contained herein constitutes a guarantee or representation that all residents and occupants currently residing here have met these requirements. There may be individuals who began residing in the community prior to these particular criteria going into effect. Additionally, the ability to verify whether these requirements have been met is limited to the reliability of the information received from applicants and outside services used.
- A separate rental application must be fully completed, dated, and signed by each applicant and all co-applicants. Provided, however, spouses can complete one rental application.
- The rental application will be completed when all required information has been submitted so we’ll have all information needed to determine your eligibility.
- Each applicant must provide government photo identification and allow it to be photocopied.
- Applicants who are first-time renters or who do not have sufficient income under paragraph 6 below may qualify by having the lease guaranteed by a co-signer. The co-signer must have a gross monthly income of at least 4 times the monthly rent and must meet all monetary-related qualifying criteria. The co-signer must complete and sign the lease agreement. Co-signer may be held responsible for all of the lease obligations,
including the entire rent and other costs, such as damages, even if you have roommates.
- A unit may be occupied by two persons, maximum.
- Employment and monthly income must be verifiable. The total monthly income of all applicants must be 2.5 times the monthly rent to be paid by the resident. (Otherwise, a co-signer is necessary.)
Please be advised that a criminal background check will be performed on all individuals aged 18 and over. The criminal background check results will combine with other rental criteria factors to determine whether or not a household is approved.
Individuals with felony or misdemeanor convictions or deferred adjudication for the following offenses will not be accepted:
- Property-related crimes such as arson, breaking & entering, burglary, criminal damage, grand larceny, malicious injury to property, receiving stolen property, or other similar offenses.
- Violent crimes such as assault, battery, deadly conduct, injury to a child or elderly, kidnapping, manslaughter, murder, robbery, affray, menacing, reckless endangerment, terroristic threats, or other similar offenses.
- Family relations-related crimes such as abandonment, abuse, domestic violence, endangering a child, injury to a child or other similar offenses.
- Public justice-related crimes such as assault on a police officer, contempt, delivering drugs/weapons to a prisoner, escape, fleeing police, hindering apprehension, obstruction of justice, false statement to the officer, resisting arrest, or other similar offenses.
- Public order-related crimes such as criminal mischief, criminal attempt, engaging in a riot, fighting, hit and run, harassment, stalking, or other similar offenses.
- Sex-related crimes such as child pornography, prostitution, public lewdness, sexual assault, rape, sex abuse, sexual exploitation of a minor, sodomy, statutory rape, failure to register as a sex offender, indecent exposure, peeping, or other similar offenses.
Individuals with lesser felony or misdemeanor charges may be accepted depending on the offense and the number of years since the conviction occurred. A full listing of crimes and look-back periods can be made available upon request. Screening criteria will be applied uniformly and in a manner consistent with all applicable laws, including the State and Federal Fair Housing Acts.
Remember that the criminal history requirement does not constitute a guarantee or representation that other residents or occupants residing at the apartment have not been convicted of any of the above-mentioned crimes. Additionally, our ability to verify this information is limited to the information made available to us by the resident credit reporting services used.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or familial status.
Please note that having unpaid debt on your credit report does not automatically disqualify you from renting at Kramer's Midtown, but you must meet the qualification criteria above to be approved.